This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. Read More

The Wallhouse Surgery

Choose font size: A A A



The doctors and staff at this Practice are committed to providing high quality health care and

services to patients. This patient information leaflet explains how you can comment,

compliment or complain about the service you have received.


If you wish to comment on or compliment our services please contact the Practice Manager, at the above address,email practicemanager.thewallhouse@nhs.net or  complete one of our suggestion forms displayed in the waiting area and place it in the box provided. It is helpful to us if you include your name on the suggestion form so that we can contact you if necessary.


As part of the NHS system, we operate a Practice complaints procedure which meets the

national criteria. You can also complain directly to the commissioner (NHS England) if you

so choose, however it is always best to try to seek a local resolution first.


How to complain about your GP Practice


It is best to tell a member of staff about any concerns or problems as soon as they arise so

they can try to sort it out. If you feel they cannot sort it out then you can ask to speak to either the Complaints Manager or the Practice Manager.


If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way, and you wish to make a more formal complaint, this should be made in writing as

soon as possible giving us full details as the quicker we look into the matter the easier it will be to establish what happened.


There is a limit of a maximum 12 months for making a complaint. In exceptional circumstances, it may be possible to investigate the issue outside this time if there are good reasons why the matter could not be raised earlier and if it is still possible to investigate it.


Complaints should be made in writing and addressed to Caroline Hall, who is responsible for handling complaints. Our lead doctor for complaints is Dr Kerr. If you prefer, we have a form you can complete, which is available from reception or email practicemanager.thewallhouse@nhs.net



Complaint procedure


We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receipt and invite you to discuss the manner in which your complaint will be dealt with, including timescale.


Please tell us how you would like your complaint to be resolved e.g.

  • · Over the telephone
  • · At a meeting
  • · With a written response
  • · And the outcome you hope for


It helps us if you can give us full details as possible about your complaint.


We will look into your complaint to:-

  • · Find out what happened and whether something went wrong
  • · Invite you to discuss the problem with those involved, if you would like this
  • · Apologise where this is appropriate
  • · Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again


Who can complain?


Anyone who is receiving a service, or has received a service, can complain. You can complain for yourself or for someone else with their written permission as we may need to disclose information from the patient’s medical records.


In order to maintain patient confidentiality, if you complain on behalf of someone else you must provide their written consent to represent them unless they are incapable of providing this. If the patient has died or lacks capacity we will need proof that you are an appropriate person as determined by law.


If you would like to complain direct to the commissioner (NHS England) then please



NHS England – PO BOX 16738 Redditch, B97 9PT – Telephone 0300 3112233


Where you can get assistance


If you would like independent advice or support about your complaint, the following organisations may be able to help:-


Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) - Telephone 01883 772800 or email Carol Rowley, Patient Experience and Stakeholder Engagement Lead at carol.rowley4@nhs.net


This service is available Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, but you can leave a message anytime on the dedicated PALS line 01883 772817 or text 07827 253111


 NHS Complaints Advocacy in Surrey – Telephone 0300 030 7333 or email

advocacy@healthwatchsurrey.co.uk Website: www.nhscomplaintssurrey.co.uk


What to do next if you are still unhappy

If you are not satisfied with the way we or the commissioner have dealt with your complaint , you can make a request for an independent review by contacting the Parliamentary and Health

Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP, telephone enquiries 0345 015 4033 (fax 0300 061 4000)

Email: phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.uk or www.ombudsman.org.uk


Please remember:


We want you to let us know if you are unhappy or have a suggestion about how we

can do things better.

  • All complaints are treated in the strictest confidence.
  • Making a complaint will not affect your treatment or care.

Complaints about policy and funding decisions


If you feel you need to make a complaint about a policy or funding decision, you should



East Surrey Clinical Commissioning Group Complaints Team

The Council Offices

8 Station Road East





or call/email 01883 772817 / carol.rowley4@nhs.net


Complaints about community services


If your complaint is regarding a service such as community nursing, midwifery, therapy

services or a community hospital please contact:


Managing Director

First Community Health & Care CIC

2nd Floor, Forum House

41-51 Brighton Road




Or call/email 01737 775450 / fchenquires@firstcommunitysurrey-cic.nhs.uk


Complaints about hospitals, mental health, ambulance trusts, NHS 111, out of hours services, dentists, pharmacists, opticians or care homes


If your complaint relates to a service provided by one of these organisations you will need to

contact them directly. All of these services have their own complaints procedures and in

some cases their own PALS service too.


Alternatively you can call/email NHS England on 03003112233 – england.contactus@nhs.net

Or write to NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT


Useful Contacts:


Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust – Trust Headquarters, Maple House, East

Surrey Hospital, Canada Avenue, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 5RH Tel: 01737 768511


Surrey & Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust – Trust Headquarters, 18 Mole

Business Park, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7AD Tel: 01883 383838


South East Coast Ambulance NHS Foundation Trust – 40-42 Friar’s Walk, Lewes, East

Sussex, BN7 2XW Tel: 01273 897803


The Department of Health website www.dh.gov.uk and the NHS Choices website

www.nhs.uk also have information about the NHS complaints procedure


Care Quality Commission (CQC) – If you have concerns regarding a nursing home theCQC will be able to help. Call 03000 616161 or see website www.cqc.org.uk




Total visitors:686646 | Disclaimer